Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment.
St. Patrick’s Dance
Saturday, March 15, 6:30-11 pm
Come on down and wear yer green to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day a wee bit early. While there will be no green beer (the church is alcohol free), there will be dancing: two step, line dance, west coast swing, waltz, and more. Don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. Just mozey on in for our beginner lesson at 6:30 with Ian. Already know the basics? Get to the next level beyond the basics and learn a line dance with art starting at 7. Social dancing from 8-11 pm.
Dance at a Glance
- When: Saturday, March 15, 2014
- How much: $10 ($8 for members)
- Where: 1st Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Lessons 6:30-8 pm
- 6:30-7 pm Beginner Two Step with Ian
- 7-7:30 pm Beyond the Basics Two Step with Art
- 7:30-8 pm Line dance with Art
- 8-11pm Social Dancing
- (did someone mention going to JP licks after? Why of course I’ll come.)
Here’s a down and dirty list for the rest of the season:
- Saturday, March 15: St. Patrick’s Day Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, March 29: Extra Spring Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, April 19: Spring Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday-Sunday, April 25-27: Spring Stomp! Dances, lessons and more in P-town!
- Saturday May 17: Summer’s Almost Here Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday, June 13: Boston Pride Dance: 7-11 pm
- Saturday, June 21: Season Closing Dance: 6:30-11 pm