Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment.
Saturday, October 4 • 6-9 pm
Club Cafe, 209 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA
The Imperial Court of Massachusetts is holding a fundraiser for Casa Connection that will feature line dancing (with our own Art), a drag review, and a shirtless cowboy contest! Please come help support and have a fun time doing so!
October Queer Country Social
Saturday, October 18, 2014 • 6:30-7 pm
First Church of Jamaica Plain
6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
(side entrance of church across from The Footlight Club).
A night of dancin’ and socializin’ to contemporary country, r&b, and pop music. Two step, line dance, west (and some east) coast swing, waltz, and more (we even take requests!). This is a nonalcoholic venue (’cause it’s a church, y’all). All for a low cover: $12 (includes the lesson). No partner necessary! Just come on by and there willl be lots of partners to swing (or be swung) by.
Don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we’ got a basic two step at the beginning of the night and a whole bunch of folks that will help you. We are also going to be teaching basic cha-cha, waltz, and west-coast during the year, so keep an eye peeled (okay, if you think about that’s not a great metephor). We all began with two left feet. Take a chance, have fun, and I think you’ll be hooked (I certainly was).
Queer Social Dance in a nut shell:
- Lessons: 6:30-7 pm
- 6:30-7 pm: Basic Two Step
- 7-7:30 pm: Basic Two Step (with Art)
- 7:30-8 pm: Line dance (with Art)
- Social dancing: 8-11 pm
#queercounty #linedance #twostep #country #LGBTS
- Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Saturday, November 1, 2014: Extra Dance — Halloween Costume Dance
- Saturday, November 15, 2014: Live music with Greg Klyma
- Saturday, December 20, 2014: Holiday dance
- Saturday, January 17, 2015: Shake those Winter Blues
- Saturday, Februrary 21, 2015: Post valentines dance
- Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Saturday, April 18, 2015: Spring dance
- Friday-Sunday, April 24-26, 2015: Spring Stomp! in P-Town
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Friday, June 12, 2015: Pride Dance
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: Season closer
- Thursday-Sunday, July 2-5, 2015: Annual Hoedown in Montreal!
We also have a few other places (like Americana Mondays and Dirty Water Saloon) you can go for more dancing.